QUIT are launching a new youth programme in July. The new Quit Because Youth Smoking Prevention Programme is being launched in London and will be available to schools throughout the UK.
SAATCHI & SAATCHI X FIND A UNIQUE WAY TO HELP QUIT DELIVER A SHOCKING VERDICT ON THE NATION’S HEALTH
Saatchi & Saatchi X has created an intriguing DM piece for the stop-smoking charity, QUIT®. The work, which is QUIT’s key fund-raising and information piece for 2009, takes the form of a set of x-rays. It is being mailed out to QUIT donors, potential donors and interested parties who request information.
The x-rays come in the classic hospital-style brown envelope; however, instead of depicting a patient’s lung, they show an x-ray image of Britain – covered in cancerous tumours. As you begin to read through the x-rays, you learn that “It’s not good news, we’re afraid” – 106,000 British smokers die every year and 450 British children start smoking every day.
The shocking poignancy of the problem is balanced by information on the work QUIT is doing to combat it. QUIT works with schools, businesses, local communities, ethnic minorities and organisations across Europe to educate people about the dangers of smoking and help smokers QUIT.
On each x-ray, there are fewer and fewer tumours – until on the final x-ray, we see QUIT’s goal: a tumour-free image – symbolising a happy, healthy Britain, free of smoking-related health problems. The call to action – to become a QUIT sponsor – is delivered on a donation form.
Saatchi & Saatchi X Creative Group Head, Ant Melder, said, “The statistics regarding the negative impact smoking has on the nation’s health make grim reading. We wanted to find a way to cut through and simultaneously shock and inspire people to support QUIT.
Steve Crone, Chief Executive of QUIT, said:, “The x-ray report provides an exciting opportunity for QUIT to engage with potential funders in a new innovative way.”
Notes to editors:
• Saatchi & Saatchi X is a multi-disciplinary creative agency with a focus on inspiring behaviour-change whether that’s purchasing a specific product, choosing one service over another or, as in this case, deciding to donate to a charity.
• Saatchi & Saatchi X is a separate agency from Saatchi & Saatchi. Saatchi & Saatchi is concerned with changing consumers’ perceptions about brands. Both agencies share a creative philosophy, resources and a home at 80 Charlotte Street.
• Creative team: Creative Director: Emma Perkins. Copywriter: Ant Melder. Art Director: Seamus Higgins. Designer: Callum Loftus. Design, retouching and typography: David Sydenham. Project Manager: Patricia Curry.
• For more information, please contact Ant Melder – email@example.com or 07971 084289
• QUIT is the independent charity whose aim is to save lives by helping smokers to stop. Smokers wanting to quit can call the Quitline 0800 002 200 seven days a week 9am-9pm for help and advice on quitting smoking, or access email counselling via firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit www.quit.org.uk
Client: Steve Crone, QUIT® Chief Executive, Glyn McIntosh, Development & Communications Director,KKate Spicer, Communications Project Manager.
QUIT – Nicola Orchard on 020 7469 0414 or Glyn McIntosh on 020 7469 0409 or 07958 795 199 out of hours.
Saatchi & Saatchi – Eleanor Conroy on 020 7462 7055 or at email@example.com